March 30th: “Take a walk in the park” Day (resources and articles)
Posted by: Shara | March 27, 2012
In honor of the upcoming “Take a walk in the park” Day I thought it might be nice to offer a few links.
We parents (and caregivers) sometimes need a little reminder of the benefits of outdoor time! Even if you don’t have a park nearby you can certainly go for a walk on Friday and take advantage of your own outdoor environment.
Here are few links that might interest you:
National Park Service
Free entrance days in the National Parks (including April 21-29: National Park Week)
What is outdoor PLAY?
Does early childhood play affect future college success?
What is structured play -vs- free play?
When you’re seeking a fun indoor rainy day activity, stop by Kabongo.com: online reading fun for children!
- World Aloud Day: March 7, 2012 (tips and resources)
- National Goof Off Day: March 22, 2012
- Great American Pie Month: articles, recipes and more
- Computer Learning Month : Ten resources for the family
- The Importance of Free Play